Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I WAS WRONG

In my last post I outlined what I thought was a Medicare mess which I had fallen into. It turns out that I jumped a little to quickly to that conclusion.

In fact, it turns out (and yes I knew this, I just forgot it) that Medicare pays a pre-set amount for reimbursement. In my case the reimbursement for the enteral nutrition that I need is $2.57 per can rather than the $11.88 which the supplier would charge me if Medicare didn't pay. Now that, in and of itself, shocks the conscience. It is even more shocking when you realize that Medicare is willing to pay more than a dollar per can over the retail (on-line) price. But it's certainly not as outrageous as I presented it.

Lesson for the blogger; check your facts. Now back to our regularly scheduled ranting.

No comments: