Friday, September 17, 2010

TAX CUTS

I've been having a very enjoyable email discussion with a dear friend and one of the topics was tax cuts as the savior of our economy. I was going to write a post dealing with that issue, but yet again, it's been done, and done better than I could have done, by none other than Bruce Bartlett. So, rather than repeating what he said, here's the link to: Bush Tax Cuts Had Little Positive Impact on Economy. 

Here's a sample. I urge my conservative/tax cuts always good readers to check this out.


The truth is that there is virtually no evidence in support of the Bush tax cuts as an economic elixir. To the extent that they had any positive effect on growth, it was very, very modest. Their main effect was simply to reduce the government’s revenue, thereby increasing the budget deficit, which all Republicans claim to abhor.

1 comment:

Roger D. Curry said...

I strongly support cutting my taxes and raising theirs. Whoever they may be. Or, as some clients who are members of sedate motorcycle clubs say, FTW.

R